According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”), falls are the leading cause of nonfatal medically attended injuries in the United States. An astounding fifty-seven percent (57%) of the falls occurred due to slipping, tripping, or stumbling, according to the CDC.
Fall down cases can be the most difficult cases to prove and prevail. More so than other types of injury cases, fall down cases require immediate investigation. If you are injured in a fall, you should know to do the following:
1. Notify the property owner or store manager of the fall.
2. Identify the precise cause of the fall, i.e. type of liquid, type of object on the floor, or particular defect in the floor. If you can't because of your injury, ask someone at the scene to do so.
3. If it is a fall on ice, note the condition of the ice, i.e. is it uneven with ridges or lumps?
4. If possible, take a photograph of the area of the fall.
5. Take photographs of any cuts, bruises, or abrasions.
6. Contact McCarthy & McCarthy for a free consultation.
Call for a FREE consultation to discuss your needs
We have the experience and the resources to investigate and prevail in a fall down case. By retaining McCarthy & McCarthy, you can focus on your physical recovery and rest assured that your legal rights are being preserved. As in all personal injury claims, if there is no recovery, there is no fee.
Make sure you have the resources and expertise ncessary to protect your rights. Let us guide you through your fall down claim.